Friday, May 25, 2012



Your Name is Love, O Lord!

Lord, you are Holy. You are mighty, too much glorious and big. So worthy of all the honour, you are. You are so much precious, O God. You deserve more than all the praises counted together since the beginning of creation until the end of creation.

But You know very well that no man is worthy to praise you, for we are all born wicked; we are born rebelling against you, and you alone, O God! We are so tiny in all respects. So mortal in the flesh, and we deserve all your justice in the immortal bodies forever, in hell. You’re eternal, and your judgement gives eternal justice.

For your own glory you called man to you. And for your own glory, you removed all of my sins against you by dying on that cross so that I may not die (you died on my behalf, so I may live with you) – for only a clean and innocent blood can forgive the opposite. You removed from man a heart of stone and a stubborn heart, and you put in them a responsive heart – a heart that will respond to your voice, your call, and your instructions, you put in them you very own Spirit, you then called them “My Children whom I love and have chosen”, you prepared for them a Holy place where you yourself will be with them forever.

But why, Lord? After all we have done to you, who deserves your goodness? The way you’re mighty, powerful, glorious, and holy. How then can mere humans who lived in sin before, whose hearts once loved the world, whose bodies (that you now put your Spirit in) once served the pleasures of the flesh, whose hearts used to rebel against you, deserve to be the ones giving praises to you.

But somehow I know why; it’s because of your love, but I do not know what love is – as defined by your own heart!

You were able to, but did not create another kind of creation mightier than Angels, whose hearts would be straight, and never sin! Who would understand your fullness and who will glorify you as you really are. All the privilege of glorifying you was given to us human. It is such an honour to be the one giving praise and glory and honour to you, O God. For you were able to do away with human race since our first sin through Adam, but you spared us, because You Yourself, are Love.

I am well convinced that there is none who can truly understand the standards of Your Love. I only know that you are infinite in all respects, and you are so loving, but I do not know why you loved us human, who hated you. But if the answer is still Love, then I do not know what Love is, teach me!

No comments:

Post a Comment